Thursday, August 30, 2007

Five days until school starts. Really, I'm not counting down or anything. It's going to be boring around here with Henry in school all day. He was put into a 1st-2nd grade split, and there are only 6 other first graders, but he's psyched. The teacher said she heard he was "smart", and a "leader", but I think she mis-heard his kindergarten teacher, who probably said "smart-ass ", and "ring-leader". But, hey, I'll take what I can get.

Jack got his Middle School class schedule in the mail yesterday, and it's making me a little sad. He's in Big Boy school now. I'm not sure how I'm going to get his ass on the bus by 7 in the morning, since he typically wakes up around 11. I noticed on his schedule that he has band. "What instrument are you playing, and am I supposed to rent it or can you rent it from the school?" I ask. "I forget what I signed up for." Marvelous. Today is haircut day, and when I told Jack he had to get up at 10am so we could get there on time, he said, "why don't you ever get my input on these things?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Jack, do you want to get a haircut tomorrow?"

"No."

"Too bad, but I appreciate your input, now do you want to set your alarm or shall I wake you?"

There are fallen leaves all over the basketball court and I just purchased 16 glue sticks, many boxes of Kleenex, looseleaf paper (wide-ruled), and a bunch of other stuff that may or may not show up in the bottom of their backpacks, unused, at the end of the school year. Sigh. Summer's over. We just took the leaf out of our dining table and realized this is the first weekend we don't have guests or aren't going anywhere since June. When I mentioned this to the kids, Henry shouted, "YESSSSS!!! Can we got to the RV Show?"

No comments:

Post a Comment