Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two rides.

Yesterday our preschool went on a field trip to the fire station. I left my camera at the school, and it's very unfortunate, because I would have really liked to have pictures of the uh, fireman firestation. All the moms eagerly volunteered to be strapped into the board, but alas, I was at the back and wasn't picked. The moms agreed that it was our best field trip yet. Then the firemen drove us back to preschool, riding on top of the hoses, down Main Street with the lights and sirens blaring.

Today I took the girls to Burlington because I had to make a dreaded, long-overdue trip to Costco. It's about 75 minutes from our house, and usually I bring a movie for the girls to keep their car-sickness prone eyes trained up to the screen, but I forgot. Aaaaaaaaand I'm sure you know where this is going.

They lasted until we were pulling into our driveway. Another 30 seconds and I would have been home free. I felt the splat against the back of my seat just as I was pulling the key out of the ignition. A little sympathy barf to go with it, and we were golden. But luckily! It was Mitch's car.

He let me use it so the girls could watch a movie on the long drive.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Well played, Kate, well played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. I still had to clean it up, and I didn't do a very good job of it, because when I picked Henry up from school today, the first thing he said was, "EW. It smells like barf and Febreze in here."

    ReplyDelete