This has been a crazy week. M got back from CA on Monday and we have yet to have a family dinner, and probably won't until Saturday, between soccer games and t-ball. I don't know what we're going to do when we have four kids doing sports. Maybe by then J will have his driver's license. I love to drive him crazy by talking about how cool he'll look driving my minivan. If someone spills something in it, I like to remind them to be neater in Jack's car. He claims he'd rather ride the bus then be seen driving a minivan. We'll see how that one pans out.
Also this week, J and I went to his middle school orientation. They will have lockers and dances, and ride the bus with high school students. I am so not excited, but he is really looking forward to it. Well, he was until he found out that middle schoolers actually have real homework, not just the crumbled piece of paper he occasionally pulls from the bottom of his back pack and writes on for 10 minutes once a week. Also, he will have to catch the bus at the time he's usually just getting out of bed. Poor, poor J.
Mother's day is coming up and I am planning on getting breakfast in bed, then locking my door and reading all morning. By myself. And I'm not cooking or cleaning for anyone all day. Or finding a single Barbie shoe or getting a new roll of tape for the tape dispenser. Or fixing anyone's hair with "a pink bow on top, a yellow bow just off to the side, and a purple bow next to that, no, that's not how I want it, I told you how I want it, and that's not right!" Also, I won't be washing anyone's Spiderman shirt while they sit around shirtless asking me if it's dry yet. Also, I won't be finding any soccer uniforms or baseball hats or making anyone's lunch. Or wiping ANYONE'S poopy butt. Or explaining that, no, you can't play outside in nothing but your underwear when it's only 50 degrees out. But I'm not making a list or anything.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kate!
ReplyDeleteWe finally got our dumb internet hooked up again and now I'm all caught up on your blog. I love reading your entries -- they're so witty!
Aunt Kimmy
Thanks, Aunt Kimmy. Happy Mother's day to you!
ReplyDelete