Monday, November 24, 2008

Fantasy shoes

I still don't have any floors. I'm trying to be relaxed about having all my furniture piled in one room and walking on subfloors, and as long as I keep taking my beta blocker, it's not too bad. Yesterday, I left Mitch with the kids for twelve hours while I went shopping over in America with Jessica. I'm pretty good like that. He even was able to get some flooring done, which means twelve hours of dvds he is pretty awesome.

Part of my quest yesterday included searching for some cute but sturdy shoes for winter. Shut up. I really do need some practical shoes. Whatever. I found nothing that fit the bill, but I stopped dead in my tracks when I spied these beauties. Of course, having the feet of a transvestite, the saleswoman said they didn't have the red ones in my size, just the black. AND she said they didn't even make the red ones in my size. I felt very, very, sad, like I was six and Santa had brought me a shiny new bike, only to take it away and poop on it and throw it in a fire.

I dropped Jessica off at home, did some more city errands, and hit the ferry. Jessica called me when I was almost home to say she'd spent a lot of time searching the internet, and indeed, the saleswoman was correct. No red shoes in my size. Ever. Anywhere. This morning, I still felt empty inside, so I checked Amazon, just as a last ditch effort, and............................ THEY HAD THE SHOES OF MY DREAMS IN TRANSVESTITE 11!!!!!!!! They'll be here on Wednesday. I'm wearing them to the Nutcracker on Christmas Eve with the family. They'll probably hurt, but they'll be so cute that it will be worth it. And I'm forty, for crying out loud. I need to kick it up a notch. And that concludes three paragraphs about a pair of shoes none of you has any interest in, but, OMG!

3 comments:

  1. They are too cute and totally you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Don't TELL me what shoes I'm not interested in, beeyotch! Those shoes are completely fuh in the Sarah Silverman / Babybel cheese sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Damn, now I want these shoes!!! I too, have a red shoe obsession. I wore my favorite pair to the christmas party my Mom throws for the girls she takes care of & the four year old grabbed my feet & said "oooo, do these come in my size?" I won't piss you off by telling you my miniscule shoe size. :)
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete