Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacation, III

After our lovely hotel stay we spent some time at Glacier Natl. Park. The scenery was breathtaking, and my incredibly mature 12 year-old showed us his Continental Divide (yes, he wanted me to include this picture on the blog).
We did a few other Montana touristy (why yes, that is a word, because I say it is) things, but due to the bats, I missed visiting with my Dad's siblings, so BITE ME, Lake Mary Ronan Lodge! The kids were anxious to get back to their cousins so they could play on the rusty deathtrap of a playground and swim and fish together. As an aside, I couldn't find a coffee stand anywhere. What gives, Montana? Didn't you know I was coming? What, like there's no room for a little espresso machine amidst all the beaded "Montana" belts?

Breakfast in bed in the new, clean, modernized cabin. The oven even had a vent above it!
All the kids caught their first fish:

The people camping in the background behind Jack set up their own little satellite dish and spent the whole time inside their pop-up tent watching tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment