Thursday, July 17, 2008

Learning to ride


The girls have discovered the boys' cast-off bikes. The first time Olivia tried, she screamed at the top of her lungs, "THIS IS THE LIFE!!!!" and proceeded to sing, "I belieeeeeve I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" while riding around the yard. And, what's cuter than those sparkly shoes against that boy bike? Grace is doing really well, too. She's not quite the daredevil Olivia is, but she's trying. And dammit, we're proud of her!
I will say this about teaching Grace to ride a bike. It helps to have a little, um, help:
The baby Juncos are getting big. They'll probably have left the nest by the time we return from vacation. The kids have learned a lot about Juncos and their nesting habits, thanks to Google. I heart you, Google.
So, I'm all packed. I packed my Senseo coffee maker, too, since we got a power inverter for the car. So I can plug in my Aerobed. That will make camping a lot more palatable. Along with my airbed. And Ambien. I can't wait to see the look on Mitch's face when we get to the campsite and I unpack my ginormous coffee maker! Stick that in your Swiss Army knife, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment