Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Odds and ends.


I've been very busy purging crap around here. So far, I've organized my computer area, the art/craft cubbies (really, an entire wall of stuff), and yes, even my closet (I even got rid of six pairs of shoes!). I'd forgotten how big my closet is-- I think it may be big enough to put a single bed in there to banish 'people' to if they're snoring and waking me up.

Also, as you can see from the above picture, we've been playing beauty shop. These hair-do's, combined with the outfits, make the girls look like they're ready for the Early Bird Special in Florida, circa 2068.

Below (insert comment about how much my camera sucks), is a blurry picture of Olivia, right after she jumped into the deep end by herself and swam all the way to the other end of the pool. You can't see the deep valleys of her dimples, but she is smiling ear-to-ear. Henry is also doing amazingly well. He remembered how to swim, and now he's learning to dive. So far, only belly flops, but we're hopeful he'll figure it out soon.


And then there's Grace. Here she is on the steps, hiding from my glare at her refusal to blow bubbles. Finally, last night, she caught my glare and I think she could read my exact thoughts ("Goddammit, Grace, we're not paying good money for you to be sitting on the steps and playing with a Goddamn rubber duck, now get your Goddamned face in the water and blow some Goddamned bubbles, Goddammit!" ) And! She! Blew! Bubbles! And then she gave me a glare right back that said, "There's your Goddamned bubbles, now leave me the hell alone so I can play with my duckie. Bitch." Or something like that. Anyway, it was a very proud evening for us at the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment