Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolutions 2009

I always like going back and reading what our New Year's Resolutions were the year before, to see if anyone kept them. We never do, of course. However, I was thrilled to see that I did keep last year's resolution (to plant and maintain a garden). Yay for me! I'm not going to mess with success, so I'm going to keep the same resolution this year. Oh, and I'm also going to start dusting my treadmill more often. You should see how filthy it is. Also, I will continue to cuss like a sailor.

Mitch: Keep in better touch with friends and family (I made him join Facebook yesterday).

Jack: Learn to play guitar even better.

Henry: Spend more time reading (I swear I didn't feed that one to him).

Olivia: Ride my new bike without training wheels. Start first grade with a different teacher than Grace.

Grace: Put training wheels on my new bike, and learn to be a good reader. Stay in the same class as Olivia in first grade.

Winter break is ending, and it's a good thing, too, because my ass can barely fit in my jeans and we've been moving happy hour up a half hour every day, so now we're practically tossing 'em back after breakfast. 2009 is looking good. We'll have a new presidentthankyoujesus, all the kids will be going to school full time in the fallthankyoujesus, and I finally have floorsthankyoumitch. I hope the coming year brings you peace, health, happiness, and awesome shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Awesome shoes!! What? .....
    Glad you could keep your New Years Resolution in the garden. Nice work, sister.

    ReplyDelete