Friday, December 26, 2008

The Shoecracker Ballet

There was a little bartering by the boys against wearing ties, and as you can see, they won.


The orchestra pit


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. I am bloated from too much food and champagne, but in a good way. The kids had a very happy Christmas, despite five packages not making it through the snow and ice. When (if?) they finally do arrive, I'm probably just going to stick them in a closet for awhile. I mean, does any of us need Grace to have a real Hannah Montana microphone? Christmas Eve rocked with a trip over to America to see PNB's The Nutcracker. Everyone loved it.

Well, Jack did say, "It didn't suck as much as I thought it would", but I'm pretty sure that meant he loved it.
Here we are on the ferry.


We had to walk through a little snow and slush to get to the theater.


We arrived early, so we walked to the Seattle Center so the kids could operate the Christmas train. Don't they look so cute?


Mitch scored fab front row seats, which was great, because you could see a LOT of detail. In fact, I felt the seats shaking every time the male ballet dancers came out from Henry trying to stifle his giggles.

4 comments:

  1. Did you get new shoes or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, these old things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Who knew the Ball Breaker Ballet could be so fashionable? Great shoes, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:17 PM

    1. My kids hate the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies and it goes on for fucking ever, so a couple of years ago I told them that one of the dancers always has a rat tail under her skirt. Watching for it occupies them nicely, and they generally all agree that they saw it.

    2. Those shoes are fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete