Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday, finally

It seems like Monday was a century ago. The boys have settled into their school routines pretty easily, although Henry is wiped at the end of the day. Putting clothes AND shoes on every day, let alone only getting one breakfast instead of First Breakfast and Second Breakfast has done a number on him. He likes his teacher, though, and more importantly I like his teacher (well, yes, it is all about me, why do you ask?).

Kindergarten has proven to be tricky. I can't believe we've had to deal with bullying already (no, Olivia was NOT the culprit), but for the past few days, at least, all has been peaceful and, as Grace says, "glorious" at school. I've been unbelievably proud of how my girls have stuck together and looked out for each other.

I'm sure you're wondering what I'm doing with all my free time. I walk the dog and my fat ass, look at shoes online, and think about cleaning stuff. In a weak moment, I agreed to an untold number PTA volunteering positions, and that is taking up a lot of time, so I can't really get the house too clean. That's my story, anyway. Also, I'm very busy stalking the playground to make sure no one is messing with Grace. Fortunately, there is a walking trail next to the playground where I can look like I'm just another fitness-conscious mom, rather than a psycho stalker who's ready to go all, "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" on a certain bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment